The NEXT WORK ENVIRONMENT COMPETITION
1. With the help of the HIVE app, the organizer of a meeting can reserve any shared resource, such as a Conference Room. Prior to the start of the meeting, the app will send staggered reminders (e.g. 30 seconds between each subsequent reminder) to each attendee to proceed to the check-in point. Employees will check-in at the meeting with the HIVE app on their personal device, or by speaking their name into the meeting room kiosk. Similarly, attendees can check out when the meeting is complete, or the meeting leader can check everyone out at once. The HIVE app will track time spent in the meeting, the number of uses since the last cleaning, and the real-time availability of the conference room. Attendance and usage information will also integrate with other corporate systems through the HIVE API (Application Programming Interface).
2. The organizer of the meeting will be able to set their room preferences such as lighting, room temperature and glass transparency for a touchless in-room experience. In addition, the app will be able to display the configured document on the projection screen.
3. HVAC in all areas (and inside the Meeting Area BOOTH) will be equipped with high efficiency HEPA filters which will run continuously during the day.
4. Windows will be operable where possible and should be opened for additional ventilation between meetings.
5. All rooms should have a door for entry and a separate door for exiting, to prevent inadvertent congregation at the doorway. Meeting participants in the second meeting will be able to check on the current room occupancy to help prevent hallway gridlock if meetings run late.
1. Before arriving in the kitchen, each employee will be able to view the current kitchen wait time on their personal device.
2. Amenities in the kitchen include and open refrigerator, pedal operated or touchless faucet, soap and paper towel dispensers, hand sanitizer as well as coffee and water station.
3. With the help of the HIVE app, employees will be able to place an order for coffee from their personal device. When they reach the coffee station, they will be prompted to place their reusable personal cup under the spout, and can initiate beverage dispensing with the app.
4. All counters and tabletops will be made of anti- microbial synthetic materials.
PRIVATE MEETING AREA
1. The Private Meeting Area is designed for employees to hold virtual calls and meetings, which can done in a POD or in a BOOTH. BOOTHs will provide complete privacy of conversations.
2. To use the BOOTH or the POD, each employee is required to make reservation on the HIVE app. They will start by picking a date and time, then proceed to browse the available seats, and configure the length of the meeting.
3. Each employee will be asked to use their own laptop in the POD or in the BOOTH and required to clean the desk surface with sanitizing wipes.
4. The space will be equipped with ceiling hung acoustic panels for additional noise absorbency.